Thursday, June 9, 2011

Welcome!

This is a project I've been supported in doing for quite some time. And the cool thing is I feel I have the time to set about a tiny "vision" I have for community outreach this summer of 2011. My sort of outlook on CommuniTea is to give people the opportunity to share their thoughts on what building community really is. I guess I would define "community" in terms of a setting that invites to relax and relate while sharing something delicious like coffee or tea. I believe that the coffee house/tea house is just that setting, and can provide for blissful visits and meaningful conversation-- all the while there is personal connection on any level. Quite frankly, my vision is to make that happen, even by starting in the simplest way possible. A good first step is a blog, or, a place to get people connected so that we can make this happen together.

My Question that I want to send out is this: What do you guys feel makes the best possible community setting? And how would you like to see relationships grow through a "tea party" sort of deal? Would you be willing to get on board with a summer project such as this?

Let me know,
Lynea

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of this... truthfully, I feel like the word community is hard to define or at least it is for me. But what I feel like a community is, is a bond between people who are willing to help each other, go the extra mile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A bond between people who are willing to...go the extra mile." I like it. True, it is hard to define the term "community" for oneself, but that's what makes it a good discussion topic :)
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete